Plastic material is one of the most versatile materials when it comes to rendering. Because it looks so good. Rich colors, with the right amount of glossy or matte. Just pick one from the Vectary Library, start rendering with Vectary Photon and see the magic happen.
Planning to use it in the WebAR viewer? Great! PBR Plastic materials are optimized for the Viewer too, so you don’t need to worry about the size of the texture.
How to use PBR plastic materials in Vectary
- Create an account in Vectary and open the 3D editor (Studio)
- Create your model from scratch or import your 3D model, or go to Library and drag and drop an object onto the scene.
- Now open the Library tab and in Collections click on the plastic materials
- Select the object you want to change the material for and drag and drop the material to it from the library. (Alternatively, just click on the material).
- Add lights and ShadowPlane and start rendering with Vectary Photon. Go to Render tab, download or open the Vectary Photon app, then hit Generate Render to start photorealistic rendering.
Tip: How to fix a broken material
Is it aligned unevenly on the object? This means you need to apply UV projections on the object
1. Select the object with the broken material
2. Go to Object mode > Helpers > Uv Projections
3. In Projection settings select the Projection type that works best for your shape.
Tip: How to edit the color of the PBR plastic material
- Select an object with the material
- In Color settings in the right panel change the color of the material
The difference between Subsurface textured vs. Plastic textured
A subsurface material allows light to penetrate the surface of the material and create a slightly translucent effect. The object has a softer look. This is often used in character design as translucency is one of the skin attributes.
Plastic textured material behaves as solid plastic with light not penetrating the surface.
Are these PBR plastic materials for free?
Anyone can use Vectary Materials for free. You can even preview the material with Vectary Photon photorealistic rendering, download the rendered image, or generate a Vectary WebAR viewer.