Vectary is the first and only online and free 3D design tool that enables anyone to create USDZ files for AR with just a few clicks.
Learn to create USDZ files with Vectary in this tutorial - it is easy and online.
How to create a USDZ file online?
1. Open the Vectary editor.
2. Create your 3D model or import your 3D file with drag and drop (OBJ, STL, GLTF, DAE, STEP and 60 more file formats).
3. Export it as a USDZ 3D file in the Export tab. Click on Generate USDZ and then Download USDZ.
4. You can also preview the USDZ on your iOS device by scanning the QR code.
Creating USDZ files with Vectary is really easy and straightforward. You don't need any coding skills.
Is there a way to create USDZ files without a Mac / on PC?
Yes, you can create a USDZ format with Vectary - the online 3D design tool.
Vectary runs in every modern browser such as Chrome, Safari and Firefox - you don't need to download any software or use a powerful machine. Simply upload your 3D file to Vectary and export it is as a USDZ file.
How to create a USDZ file using the Xcode 10 converter?
We don't recomment you do it because it is much easier to create your USDZ files with Vectary.
Creating a USDZ file with Vectary is
- easy - one click solution
- fast - you can create a USDZ file in minutes
- online - it works in your browser
Using Xcode 10 is way more complicated. According to Ash on Stackoverflow, you need to use this command line:
xcrun usdz_converter Wineglass.obj Wineglass.usdz
Issues with USDZ file?
- Downscale the resolution of the model's textures in export
- Simplify geometry and reduce materials count with Simplify tool or use Vectary Edit mode
- Make sure you have max 100k polygons - check the number in the lower-left corner.
Still not working? Submit your question to our community forum.
USDZ file example - download sample
If you want to try creating a USDZ file but you don't have any 3D assets, feel free to use any of the 3D assets from our library. Edit them if you want and export them as USDZ.
USDZ Embed Alternative - Vectary WebAR
If your goal is to bring an augmented reality experience to your website. You might want to try Vectary WebAR Viewer which natively supports AR view for both iPhone and Android. It's a piece of iframe code that can be generated in Vectary too. Learn more >
See an example:
USDZ converter - convert USDZ files online - OBJ, GLTF, STL, DAE, STEP
Vectary works as a USDZ file converter too - and it is online. Convert OBJ, STL, DAE, GLB, glTF and 50 more file formats to USDZ in minutes. Create USDZ files for building Apple AR kit 2.0 apps or devices browsing on iOS 12.
How to get started with Vectary
Discover an easy and intuitive way to start with 3D and AR content creation with Vectary. Watch the newest getting started tutorial.
Apple AR kit tools explained - What is USDZ and why you should care
Everything you need to know about Apple's offering explained - AR kit, USDZ, AR quick look. Learn how you can start creating AR / 3D content today.