We continue our series on Christmas-inspired decorations with another easy-to-make item that you can use to bring the holiday spirit into your home.
You will need these supplies:
- a computer and a wi-fi connection
- Vectary — the free, online 3D content creation tool
- plastic primer spray
- red color spray
- white color spray
- sandpaper 360 grit
- super glue
- a pair of eyes (fake eyes, mind you ;)
3D printed reindeer hanger: Step-by-step
1. Go to Vectary and download the Reindeer Hanger 3D model template . To do so, click Customize and then Export 3D model.
You can always choose to personalize this 3D model if you like - with Vectary it’s free and easy to do. Add your personal touch and download your own remixed model.
If you want to know how we created the model from scratch, watch the complete video tutorial created in Vectary 1.0.
2. Print both the reindeer face and nose out. If you don’t own a 3D printer, simply use our Shapeways plugin right from the editor and order a 3D print with one click.
3. Use a super fine sandpaper with a 360 grit and sand gently the 3D printed reindeer head.
4. Apply plastic primer on it.
5. Spray the reindeer head evenly with white paint.
6. Spray the nose with red paint. If you have more kids, you can spray each nose with a different color or write their initials on it.
7. Glue the nose to the reindeer’s face.
8. Glue the eyes as well. (You should be able to find these in any craft or gift shop.)
Santa says the hanger is mostly for hanging light objects, it sure is sturdy enough to hang Santa's hat. Just make sure you place it in a spot that’s visible to the old guy. Near the chimney perhaps?! ;)
How to start 3D modeling from scratch in Vectary
Learn how to start designing in Vectary - the free 3D modeling software. This simple mug tutorial will teach you the basics of Vectary edit mode.
15 unique 3D printable Christmas ornaments for 2018
If you’re looking for beautiful and free printable Christmas tree ornaments, download the designs submitted to our 3D Print Design competition with MyMiniFactory. Decorate your tree with unique baubles and have fun 3d printing with kids.
4 ways to create a snowflake Christmas bauble
If it didn’t snow yet in your neighborhood, how about making your own snowflakes? All you need is a computer running our free 3D modeling tool Vectary in the browser and a 3D printer.