What is Bridge tool
Use this function to automatically connect two selected points, lines or faces. The Bridge tool works by constructing “a bridge of polygons” in the Edit mode.
How to use the Bridge tool
- Enter the Edit mode - double click on any object or start from scratch - add a new object in the left panel. Alternatively, select object and go to Edit tab.
- Select two points, lines, or faces. They must not be already connected. Hold Shift while selecting the second face, line or point. They have to be in the same object for the Bridge tool to take effect.
- Click the Bridge icon in the bottom panel or press the V key.
- The Bridge jog wheel appears. You can adjust the strength, a number of segments, twist and change the continuity of the bridge.
Edit: May, 2020: The UI in this video has been updated, go to Edit>Bridge to get the Bridge tool.
How to make holes with the Bridge tool
1. Select an object and go to Edit mode.
2. Select faces - where the hole should end.
3. Click on the Bridge icon or press V.
Watch the video tutorial: