Why we integrated Sketchfab into Vectary
Sketchfab is the largest platform for interactive 3D content in the world. With this integration you not only get hundreds of thousands of Sketchfab 3D models in your Vectary 3D Assets library, but can also send your model to Sketchfab with just one click.
With so many Sketchfab models available for import, you’ll get a bigger variety and more inspiration to quickly create new 3D concepts. Sketchfab also has one of the best marketplaces where you can sell your 3D models. Exporting your 3D designs to Sketchfab allows you to skip the tedious process of handling a 3D file and send it to your profile seamlessly.
How to import 3D models from Sketchfab
- Open a project in Vectary.
- Click 3D Assets in the Objects library, and then go to Connected Accounts in the left dropdown menu.
- Choose Sketchfab from the list. Connect your Sketchfab account to Vectary or create a new one and authorize the app.
- You now have thousands of Sketchfab 3D models to choose from. Search for a keyword and drag and drop the chosen model to the 3D scene.
How to export 3D models to Sketchfab
- Create a project with Vectary.
- Click the Share Project button in the top right corner.
- Name your project, add tags and a description.
- Choose the Sketchfab platform from the dropdown.
- Authorize the app.
- Click the PUBLISH NOW button. When your model is processed, you can copy the link and see your model on Sketchfab.
- Now you can manage your model settings on Sketchfab and publish it on their repository for anyone to see.
How can I start using Sketchfab models in Vectary?
Create a free Vectary account, connect to Sketchfab and start creating.
Where are the authors of 3D models credited?
All authors are credited in your Project details and to any project that is exported through Vectary.
Can I use Sketchfab models for commercial use?
Only models with CC0, CC-BY, and CC-BY-SA licenses can be used commercially. Other Sketchfab models are licensed with CC licenses containing a non-commercial element (NC) - these can be freely used for personal projects. All authors are automatically credited in your Vectary project. You can see the license by hovering over the model.