The Vectary WebAR Viewer now supports AR on both iPhones and Androids
By using the Vectary 3D/AR Viewer on your website, every kind of visitor has an interactive 3D or AR experience. No extra app is neededLearn more about WebAR
Having a built-in immersive experience on the website is now even more accessible for web designers, bloggers, and e-commerce owners. In Vectary, they can easily import or create a 3D design and put it on their website as quickly as a YouTube video - with an embed code. Now Vectary has started supporting augmented reality on Androids too! Augmented reality is provided thanks to ARcore technology - which is currently supported on more than 400 million Android devices.
Vectary 3D/AR Viewer example:
Check this blog on Safari browser on iPhone or Chrome browser on Adroid and click on the AR badge to get the AR experience.
Every kind of visitor can have a 3D or AR experience thanks to WebAR
1. Desktop: 3D
Your product or 3D design as an interactive 3D element - they can rotate, zoom, or pan it. You can also set different kinds of settings in the 3D viewer.
2. iPhone: 3D and AR
The Vectary Viewer has built-in ARkit technology for iPhones - it has to be visited on devices that have iOS12 and above installed and using the Safari browser.
3. Android: 3D and AR
How to implement the Vectary 3D/AR viewer on your website:
- Open the Vectary editor. Import a 3D model of your product or create a 3D design from scratch. Set the default view of your 3D model - this will be shown in the Viewer. Tip: if you want your design to cast shadows, place a Shadow Plane on the grid from the Object menu: Object tab > Primitives > Shadow Plane.
- Click on the Embed tab and then on the Generate Embed button. Generating the embed will take a while. After it’s done, you can further customize it by setting parameters such as autoplay, turntable, mouse follow, or animated preloader.
- Copy the <iframe> code and paste it on your website. You can check specific instructions on Wix, Shopify, Squarespace, Weebly, Webflow, and more coming soon.
- If you decide to change anything in your design - just open your Vectary project, make the changes, and click on the Generate Embed button again. The changes will be automatically distributed on every site you embedded the Viewer.
- When visiting the site on iPhone with Safari browser or Android on Chrome browser an AR badge appears. Each visitor now can see it in augmented reality.
- You can customize everything in the WebAR viewer, including the custom badge, animations, make a product configurator, and more thanks to our WebAR API. Learn more>
Features you can find in the Vectary WebAR Viewer:
- Max texture size option to reduce the size of the embedded model
- Web embed customizations: Autoplay - starts the 3D viewer automatically without the play button. Turntable - rotates the scene automatically. Show preloader - shows the loading progress animation until the scene is fully loaded. Mouse follow of the embedded 3D object.
- Over 60 file formats that can be imported, including FBX, STEP and more
4. Vectary Web AR API provides customizable viewer elements and settings. Learn more>
How to put an interactive 3D or AR design on to a Shopify website
Vectary web embed is an easy way to input an interactive 3D element on your Shopify site.
How to put an interactive 3D or AR design on to a Squarespace website
Put an interactive 3D/AR element onto your Squarespace page. Vectary generates a piece of code that you paste into your Squarespace editor.
How to put an interactive 3D or AR design on to a Wix website
Vectary web embed is a great way to get an interactive 3D element on to your Wix website or blog.