How to put an interactive 3D or AR design on to a Squarespace website
Vectary web embed is a simple way to put an interactive 3D element onto your blog or website. Similar to the YouTube embed procedure, the Vectary 3D/AR viewer generates a piece of code that you paste into the web editor. ARkit is automatically realized so iPhone and iPad users running iOS12 and above will be able to see the 3D content in augmented reality through the Safari browser. Read more on our blog
How to embed an interactive 3D/AR design to Squarespace
- Import your 3D model to the Vectary editor or create your own model from scratch.
- Click on Web Embed tab and Generate code.
- Go to your theme editor. Click on Pages. Now click on the section you want to edit or create a new section by clicking on the +.
- Click on Edit and now on the + icon in the upper right corner.
- Add a Code block. Read more about using Code blocks on Squarespace
- Delete the default text and paste the generated vectary embed code.
- Preview the site, if you need to do some changes, just generate the code again and the viewer will automatically update.
- Publish your site.
How to make changes in your 3D web viewer
Say you want to change color, view or an entire shape of your 3D model. Vectary editor works like instant 3D/AR CMS for your web viewer:
- Open your 3D project on Vectary
- Make changes
- Click on Web Embed tab and click on Generate button again - there is no need to replace the code. The 3D viewer will be automatically updated on all of your sites.
How to get rid of the watermark?
Watermark on your web viewer means you are using a free version of Vectary or you run out of bandwidth for your plan. You can check your monthly bandwidth usage on your Vectary dashboard.
Is it paid?
A limited watermarked version of the feature is for free so you can use it for client presentation and for feedback of your 3D design before you decide to buy a Premium package. With our paid plans you can get more bandwidth for the viewer - so you can be sure your visitors will see a version without the watermark.
Why not just use USDZ export for AR view?
This is a great alternative to USDZ embeds as all your website visitors can get an interactive 3D experience, not just those with iPhone. AR view is now limited only to iPhones and iPads with iOS12, however, we are working on an implementation of AR experience for Android devices too. Stay tuned.
What is 3D web embed and how to use it
A detailed look at what 3D web embedding is and how to use it to achieve your business goals.
Introducing Vectary 3.0: The future of the web is 3D and AR
Vectary is making the move to become the first 3D and Augmented reality CMS for the web. Vectary is closing the gap between web design and mixed reality.