- upload it as a 2D image - as a static background or a banner
- embed it as a 3D object - visitors can zoom in and rotate
3D scenes look really great as website backgrounds and are super simple to upload in WIX . If you want to have a 3D scene as a part of your design, rendering the 3D scene in Vectary and featuring it as a 2D image background is the easiest way.
When you want to let website visitors interact with the 3D model - for example to rotate a shoe model, handbag or jewellery piece you are selling and inspect the details, it is best to embed the 3D object.
Option 1: Create a 3D background for your WIX website
1. Create your 3D scene in Vectary . You can drag and drop 3D models, materials or lights from the free library or upload your own 3D models. You can also model from scratch using the 3D mesh modeling toolkit. Learn more about Vectary's advanced modeling tools.
2. Find the right angle and render your scene. Vectary has a built-in rendering tool in the upper right corner. We recommend using the High or Ultra rendering setting. The rendering takes only a couple of minutes.
Now you have a background with a 3D model on your WIX site. You can add more text and buttons on top of the background using the WIX editor.
Adding an image with a 3D model as the backround is the easier way on how to feature 3D in your web design. Read on to learn how to embed the 3D model and make it interactive.
Option 2: Embed 3D model on your WIX website
Embedding a 3D model will let your website visitors interact with the model, zoom it and spin in around to see the details of the product.
3. Add a custom HTML iframe block to your WIX website.
4. Paste the code and voila! You should see your creation on your page!
How to embed AR content to my WIX website?
To do this, just export or convert your 3D models as .usdz files and use the step-by-step method described in our blogpost: "How to embed AR usdz files to any e-commerce website."
How do I download Vectary?
You don't have to download Vectary, it is a 3D modeling tool that works in the browser.
I am using a WIX template page, can I still add my 3D designs to it?
Of course, each WIX template is editable, just add the HTML iframe and adjust the design.
Is Vectary free?
Vectary has multiple pricing plans - you can use the free plan to create 3D models and export them as 2D images or 3D files (glTF, GLB, STL). The premium plan offers a 4k image render and export of OBJ and DAE 3D files. Learn about the premium features.
How to embed AR USDZ files to your e-commerce website for iOS 12
The new AR format supported by iOS 12 devices - USDZ - will change the future of online shopping. Learn how to embed and show AR files for your e-commerce website, Shopify e-shop, Wix page, WordPress or Squarespace online shop with Vectary. Apple devices on iOS 12 will be able to see them when you shop online.
New UX trend: Facebook 3D post mockups for apps
Create a Facebook 3D post with Vectary’s free mockups and wow your app fans. In Vectary, you're able to not only create 3D objects, but also bring 2D images to a 3D space. This means adding your app designs to 3D devices has never been easier.
Step-by-step guide: How to create a custom Snapchat lens with 3D objects
Follow this step-by-step tutorial on how to create your own 3D object, upload it to Snapchat and let everyone use it as a custom 3D lens. You don't need any coding skills or pro 3D sofware.