How to put an interactive 3D or AR design on to a Shopify website
Vectary web embed is an easy way to input an interactive 3D element on your site or blog. The Vectary 3D/AR viewer works in a familiar way, with the generated code being simply copied and pasted into the web editor. This is the same process taken to embed a YouTube video. This technology is called WebAR, because it is bringing an Augmented Reality experience to any smartphone, iPhones, and Androids, without the need to install an external app.
How to embed an interactive 3D/AR design to Shopify
- Import your 3D model to the Vectary editor or create your own model from scratch.
- Click on the Viewer tab and Generate code.
- Go to your Shopify themes, then go to Sections and Click on Add section. Some themes such as free Minimal theme allow adding Custom HTML section.
- Place the element where you need it on your site. Click on Edit custom HTML button and paste the generated embed code from Vectary editor.
- Preview the site, if you need to do some changes, just generate the code again and the viewer will automatically update.
- Publish your site.
Note: In Shopify, you can edit the HTML/CSS of the whole template. However, for this a little more advanced skills are required. To enter Code mode click on Theme actions - Edit code.
How to make changes in your 3D web viewer
Say you want to change color, view or an entire shape of your 3D model. Vectary editor works like instant 3D/AR CMS for your web viewer:
- Open your 3D project on Vectary.
- Make changes.
- Click on Viewer tab and click on Generate button again - there is no need to replace the code. The 3D viewer will be automatically updated on all of your sites.
Vectary 3D/AR Viewer example:
Open this site on iPhone with Safari or Android with Chrome to see it in augmented reality.
Why not just use USDZ export for the AR view?
This is a great alternative to USDZ embeds as all your website visitors can get an interactive 3D experience, not just those with iPhone. There are millions of Android users, reach them out!
What is 3D web embed and how to use it
A detailed look at what 3D web embedding is and how to use it to achieve your business goals.
Introducing Vectary 3.0: The future of the web is 3D and AR
Vectary is making the move to become the first 3D and Augmented reality CMS for the web. Vectary is closing the gap between web design and mixed reality.